Current Activities and Initiatives
The civic association has numerous projects, all with the goal of enhancing the quality of life in our wonderful town of Laurel Park. Here are several initiatives we are working on:
- Historical markers project, involving the planned placement of tasteful, high quality markers to be placed in several historically-significant sites within Laurel Park. This initiative will be done over a period of several years.
- Annual concerts at Jump Off Rock
- Welcome kits, which are distributed to new residents.
- Spring and Fall Town roadside cleanup projects.
- The LPCA annual member dinner (usually in June), which includes a “State of the Town” address from the mayor.
- Cooperation with LP Parks & Greenways establishing walking and biking trails & paths.
- Rhododendron Lake Park, originally pursued by the LPCA dating to the mid 1980's
- Spring and Fall LPCA full color newsletter.
- Christmas program in Laurel Green featuring the You theatre performers and Hendersonville High School Jazz Band. The 2014 event will be held December 7 at 3:30PM in Laurel Green Park.
- In 2009 we orchestrated a pot-luck dinner with a program on the history of Laurel Park. The speakers were recorded, and DVDs of this program are available for purchase at the town center.
- Monetary contribution to the township for its annual employees’ Christmas dinner.
- Christmas decorations in various locations, including Laurel Green and the town hall.
- Easter egg hunt in Laurel Green
- Pump house landscaping located at LP Hwy and Hebron Road
- Island landscaping for a section of Laurel Park Highway
- Replacing and repainting the Laurel Park signs town entrance and town hall sign
- Candidate's Night.
- Refurbishing the Jump Off Rock Mural on the east side of the Brooks Building 3rd Ave. & Church St.